Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is a team-based approach to provide you with personalized, comprehensive health care.
Who is part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
- Your health care professional
- All other staff at your health care professional’s office
- Most-importantly-YOU! You are the most important person on your health care team.
- Patient-centered is a way of saying that you are the focus of your health care
What do you need to do as part of your PCMH Team?
- Bring all of your medications with you to each visit at our office.
- Take an active role in your own health.
- Follow the health care plan that our team has prepared for you.
- Please provide our team with feedback regarding your personalized care plan.
What can your PCMH do for you?
- Help you to manage your health care
- Help answer all your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Coordinate your care if additional services are needed
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care